If you want to customize the SharePoint then you should use the SharePoint Object Model extensively. While using the OM make sure you are properly disposing the object to make sure you are not consuming the more memory. It is impact on your SharePoint server if memory leaks continues.
SharePoint object model uses com object, If you are not properly disposing the object then it will impact on your server. If you are leading the big team or reviewing the SharePoint code then it is better to use the SPDisposeCheck tool provided by Microsoft. This tool will help us to check the source code if there is no memory leak exists.
Microsoft is also updating the dispose best practices article in the SDK that will guide you how to use this tool as well as updated info along disposing of SharePoint objects.
Download this tool today and effectively manage memory leaks.
» MSDN Code Gallery: SharePoint Dispose Checker
- Automate Sharepoint 2010 installation using AutoSPInstaller
- SharePoint Developer Interview Questions and Answers
- SharePoint 2010 MSDN article collection for developer
- How to customize sharepoint list toolbar
- SharePoint Diagnostic Studio toolkit for administrator
- Sharepoint best practices advantages of storing scripts in layout folder
- MOSS 2007 Best Practices
- SharePoint 2010 and Powershell
- Microsoft Sharepoint SystemUpdate and Update using object model
- Sharepoint 2010 features