Sharepoint support customizing the user interface using Custom action menu. In this article I would like to explain how to customize the Sharepoint list toolbar menu.
Using sharepoint features make it easy to add action menu to Sharepoint UI. You can use “custom action” element in element.xml file to customize the action menu. In this article I would like to demonstrate how to add custom menu to sharepoint list toobar as as shown above image. Below element.xml file does the job for you.
Above feature will add the custom action menu to document library toolbar, If you want to active action menu for other library refer this, You can download the solution package source code here. Deploying the solution is simple, Download the source code here, Extract the source code and navigate to the extracted location, open the command prompt and type below command
For undeploying just type as shown below
- Adding Ribbon button in Sharepoint 2010
- This solution contains no resources scoped for a Web application – Sharepoint WSP deployment exception
- Infopath form to HTML using csharp
- List enhancements in SharePoint 2010
- Developer favorites SharePoint 2010 enhancements
- Sharepoint 2010 upgrades planning using pre upgrade check
- Learn Sharepoint 14Hive folder structures
- How to find the SharePoint 2007 version
- How to Debug Sandbox Solution packages in Sharepoint 2010
- SharePoint 2010 SDK Download
Thanks for your article..
Can we remove existing custom menu items like “New”, “Actions”, “Setting”…..
I should make user to just view the LIST… nothing more other than that…..
IS THAT POSSIBLE….
Please help me out…
Thanks in advance…
You can give the view rights to user so user able to see only the list not list menu.