When we started working on sharepoint we faced an issue while installing the package. We have used below command to deploy the solution.
%STSADM% -o deploysolution -name testSharepointSolution.wsp -local -force -url http://mywebapplication/
I encountered the following error:
This solution contains no resources scoped for a Web application and cannot be deployed to a particular Web application.
If you found this “This solution contains no resources scoped for a Web application” error when installing the SharePoint solution, that means as explained by error message you cannot deploy solution on particular web application because this solution contains no resource scoped for web application. So you can’t use SharePoint solution installer or deploy by sharepoint admin. You can use below command
%STSADM% -o deploysolution -name testSharepointSolution.wsp -local -force
You cannot use -url parameter if your solution package does not have an assembly or feature specific elements(elements.xml).
Then why we need to provide the -url as a parameter? Reason is sharepoint need to know which web application web.config it needs to add <SafeControl> attribute.
- There is a duplicate ‘system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler’ section defined
- How to customize sharepoint list toolbar
- SharePoint 2010 migration tips
- Adding Ribbon button in Sharepoint 2010
- Developer favorites SharePoint 2010 enhancements
- Configure URL Rewrite for SharePoint 2010
- Learn Sharepoint 14Hive folder structures
- Creating the custom theme in MOSS Branding
- How to Debug Sandbox Solution packages in Sharepoint 2010
- Automate Sharepoint 2010 installation using AutoSPInstaller