One of the most challenging aspects of maintaining a SharePoint deployment is maintanance. In large complex server farm environments make these tasks all the more difficult. Microsoft now comeup with SharePoint administration tool kit to resolve this.
This Saturday in Redmond Bill Baer announced the SharePoint Diagnostic Studio at SharePoint . SharePoint Diagnostic Studio will be part of the SharePoint administration tool kit release in about a month.
The next version (v2.0) of the SharePoint Administration Toolkit includes the new SharePoint Diagnostics Studio. The tool allows correlating and aggregating all the information about a SharePoint Farm and presenting it in a consistent user interface that can be used to identify problems.
Collects and aggregates:
- ULS logs
- Usage database
- Event viewer information
- Performance counters
- From all the servers in the farm
With the SharePoint Diagnostic Studio you will be able to see multiple reports.
- Up time report
- Performance reports
- Usage reports
- Latency report per server
- Dead locks reports
It also includes a custom search tool that allows to search for a correlation ID, for http at certain point in time, etc.
More information you can watch below youtube video
- Sharepoint 2013 Search components
- Sharepoint 2010 upgrades planning using pre upgrade check
- Learn Sharepoint 14Hive folder structures
- SharePoint 2010 migration tips
- Sharepoint 2010 features
- SharePoint 2010 ULS log viewer
- Developer favorites SharePoint 2010 enhancements
- Automate Sharepoint 2010 installation using AutoSPInstaller
- More about SharePoint Custom page and Application Page
- SharePoint 2010 and Powershell