If you use Microsoft’s Outlook Web Access (OWA) to send or receive HTML file as email attachment, There might be change of corrupting the html file. Same html file opens without any issue on outlook express client.
Microsoft Knowledge Base article 899394, OWA may corrupt the structure of the message, remove some advanced functions, and eliminate other harmless content in the message itself or any attachments. Merely right-clicking an attachment and saving it to your computer causes the file’s code to be stripped. Microsoft calls this feature of OWA “Safe HTML” filtering.
The filtering is intended to eliminate malicious scripts and “all potentially unsafe content” from the e-mail messages OWA receives, according to the Knowledge Base. However, as the KB article concedes, some “non-malicious content” may be removed in the process
No easy ways to preserve your document on email attachment, some workaround you can use to send attachments are,
- Copy file to shared location and send the file link in email
- Convert file to pdf and attach the pdf file, email, OWA does not edit the pdf file.
- Convert file to zip file and attach the zip file, OWA does not edit the compressed files
You can follow my other article how to send the email with html as attachment here.
- Asp.net sending email with zip file as attachment
- Email asp net Sending email using godaddy hosting account
- Asp.net file compression using opensource library
- Implementing Factory Pattern in .net
- Enabling IIS6 HTTP compression on SharePoint dynamic page
- Concept of OOPS in C#
- WCF Interview Questions and Answers
- ASP.NET Page Life Cycle explained
- Microsoft Sharepoint persisting webpart property values
- Introduction To Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) Pattern